CLEANER (Part time 15h/week)
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
To carry out as part of a team, the cleaning of any area within the premises, designated by the line manager.
- Reporting to Factory Manager
- Sweep, suction clean, mop, both reception and office floors, all toilets, canteen, and lab using the appropriate equipment.
- Empty and clean internal bins and remove litter to the designated collection points.
- Clean, wash and dust ledges and stairways.
- Ensure cleaning store is kept clean, tidy and well stocked at all times.
- Ensure All toilets and kitchens and well stocked with
- Necessary items ie. toilet rolls, paper towels, soap etc.
- Ability to co-operate well with others in work situations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time keeping and reliability are essential.
- Taking pride in your work and are self-motivated to succeed.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday 3h per day (Paid 15hrs per week)
Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and undertake some tidying duties relating to maintaining the standards within the factory.
Any other duties requested which are deemed reasonable for the post.
This job description is not definitive and may be added to or altered depending on the needs of the business
The criteria listed below are an indication of the preferred attributes for the above post.
- Good second level education demonstrating high levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Previous experience in a production orientated environment.
- Previous experience of working in a team.
- Engineering / plastics sector experience would be an advantage.
Above criteria are only desirable and not essential as full training will be given.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment (ie lifting hoover up the stairs) used in cleaning.
- Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work on their own.
- Applicants should be healthy and not possess any conditions which would prove hazardous when working within the premises.